Komodo Archipelago OdysseyDuration: 4 Days 3 Nights - NOTE! The InDONESIAN GOVERNMENT HAS - FOR VALID REASONS - DECIDED TO CLOSE THE MAIN ISLAND OF KOMODO TO VISTORS FOR SOME TIME. THE OTHER ISLANDS IN THE NATIONAL PARK CAN BE VISITED AS USUAL. THE KOMODO DRAGON CAN BE OBSERVED ON OTHER ISLANDS, ESPECIALLY RINCA (Rincha)
the one-of-a-kind Komodo Dragon
View volcanoes during the flight from Denpasar, Bali, to Labuan Bajo on Flores Island. Hiking, swimming, snorkeling – and diving if you wish. Transportation in relaxed style by traditional wooden boat powered by sail and engine.
Transportation in relaxed style in traditional wooden boat. The most strenuous part is the diving – if you are interested in that. Otherwise swimming and snorkelling
Trip starts / ends: Denpasar, Bali
Best time to go: Almost anytime!
Participants : Min. 7 Max. 15
- See the Komodo Dragon in its natural setting
- Enjoy an extraordinary “seascape”
- Travel from island to island, anchor up in a bay and and sleep in a gently swaying boat.
- Absolutely fresh seafood meals served onboard
- Join a fisherfolks community in tidying up their village for everybody’s benefit.. This might be the lasting impression on the population of your visit. Your participation is imporatant but voluntary. Good to set an example.
Transportation in relaxed style by traditional wooden boat powered by sail and engine. Sleep in simple cabin on the boat. We also offer “homestay” if you want to, one night in a fisherfolks village, as part of a sustainability support component that will put you in direct contact with the fishermen and their families.
The Komodo archipelago has plenty of nice diving spots. We will do what we can to let you see the Manta Ray, a creature just as extraordinary as the Komodo dragon, but unfortunately we cannot guarantee. After a look-around through our tour you may want to extend your stay by a couple of days for diving. Please let us know: we are happy to suggest arrangements for diving trips, overnight stay etc!